313 First Street East, Sonoma
The building at 313 First Street East was built ca. 1907 to provide wine storage and additional hotel rooms for the adjacent Lombardo Hotel. Alice had previously determined that the building qualifies as a locally significant historic resource because of its association with the area around Sonoma’s railroad depot. The owners hired Alice again to assess the impact of their proposed renovations to the building. Changes included bring the front porch up to current building safety code, renovating the rear and replacing exterior doors. Applying the “Secretary’s Standards,” Alice determined that the proposed project would have no negative impact on the historic resource.